Monday, October 24, 2011

The Hunger Games, Catching Fire AND Mockingjay (Suzanne Collins)


 I read The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins after hearing so many good things about these books.  One recommendation was from my friend Amanda's blog

These books were read by me during the summer in record time.  I could attempt to write a blog post about each individual book, but they were read right after one another so quickly that I probably couldn't even get my thoughts right about what happened in which book.  What I do know is how much I loved these books. 

The first novel, The Hunger Games, introduces you to a different world, a place you couldn't even imagine.  Each  year, one boy and one girl from each district is chosen to fight in a battle to the death on live TV. 

Sounds strange, right?  I thought so, too, but there was something about this book that just kept me so captivated.  You fall in love with the characters and their stories, and the descriptions that Collins includes in the book make you feel like you are right there in the action.  There's always something about these books that take place in an exciting and different world that make me feel like I'm a kid again (um, Harry Potter anyone?).  They also make me wonder how someone could come up with these crazy and awesome ideas. 

The story continues in Catching Fire and Mockingjay.  Both books have equally exciting plots (I don't really want to give anything away, if you haven't read the first book...).  If you read and like the first book, I don't think it's possible to go without following up with Catching Fire and Mockingjay! 


This Young Adults trilogy is highly recommended by me.  Although I was a wee bit embarrassed to be buying this book from the "Teen" section (since I can't even count the number of times I'm asked whether I'm still in high school), I'm so glad I did. 

Seriously, go out and find these books now if you haven't already.  Start reading and let your imagination go to The Hunger Games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment